Mongolian Flank Steak
Serve with white rice or sticky rice balls.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. flank steak, cut into bite-sized slices
- 1 Tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1½ tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place beef in a bowl and add soy sauce, rice wine or sherry, and cornstarch. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok or medium skillet over medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and half the scallions. Stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add beef and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add hoisin sauce and bring to a boil. Stir-fry for 1 additional minute until beef is cooked. Season with black pepper. Serve hot and garnish with remaining scallions.