Save to My Recipes
Also called pull-apart bread or bubble loaf, this recipe is sure to please all your monkeys.
Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 3 hours 40 minutes
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup sugar, divided
- 1¾ tsp. active dry yeast (1 package)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. kosher salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine milk, ¼ cup sugar, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add ½ cup butter, salt, and enough bread flour to create a firm dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead 8–10 minutes. Add flour only to reduce stickiness. Return to bowl, dust the top lightly with flour, and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap. Rise at room temperature until doubled in volume, about 1½ hours.
- Coat a tube pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt remaining butter and mix remaining sugar with cinnamon. Turn risen dough onto floured surface, and with a rolling pin, roll to ½" thickness. Using a 1" diameter biscuit cutter, cut dough into as many circles as possible. Re-roll scraps, and continue cutting until all dough is used.
- Dip each circle of dough into melted butter, then into cinnamon sugar. Arrange dough in concentric circles, overlapping as needed, in prepared pan. Cover loosely and rise again for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake until golden brown, about 35–45 minutes. Remove from oven and brush again with melted butter while still hot. Cool 15 minutes before inverting bread onto a serving platter. To serve, allow guests to pull pieces apart.