Monster Cookie Surprise
A perfectly spooky recipe your kids will love sinking their teeth into.
Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- Powdered sugar
- Food coloring
- Candy eyeballs
- Pop Rocks, or similar sugared sparkling candy
- Beat butter, vanilla, egg and cream cheese until fluffy.
- Fold in cake mix. Divide batter equally into bowls for the amount of colors you’d like to use.
- Add food coloring to each bowl and mix until combined.
- Roll batter into balls and dip in a bowl of powdered sugar.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and pat down a bit.slightly. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Add candy eyeballs and sprinkle with Pop Rocks or sugared candy crystals while cookies are still warm.