Monte Cristo Sandwiches
Find fish batter mix near the fish in the supermarket’s meat aisle. It makes a wonderful crispy coating on these delicious sandwiches.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced deli ham
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced deli turkey
- ¼ lb. thinly sliced deli Colby cheese
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1 cup fish batter mix
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- Make sandwiches using ham, turkey, cheese, and bread. In shallow bowl, prepare batter mix as directed on package.
- Pour oil into heavy skillet and heat over medium heat until a drop of water sizzles and evaporates. Dip sandwiches into batter mixture and immediately place in oil in skillet. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, about 3–5 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve immediately.