Monterey Jack Quinoa Poppers
These bite-sized treats have a little spice and a lot of bold flavor. Packed with tasty quinoa, fluffy eggs and delicious Monterey Jack cheese, these filling poppers are sure to please!
Serves: 24Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon serrano pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to boil. Turn off heat, cover; let sit 5 minutes. Drain; cool in fridge.
- In a large bowl, mix together quinoa, onion, pepper, garlic, eggs, cream cheese, salt, pepper and cheese.
- In each muffin well, place full tablespoonful of mixture. Bake 15-20 minutes, until edges turn golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes. Gently remove from tins to cool completely.