Morning Cereal Bars
Store-bought breakfast bars are often loaded with artificial sugars, and most homemade recipes require corn syrup. This healthier method makes a sweet and filling snack or breakfast to munch on the run.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups vegan brown rice breakfast cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup tahini
- 1 cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups muesli
- ½ cup flax meal
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup diced dried figs
- Lightly grease a baking pan or two casserole pans.
- Place cereal in a sealable bag and crush partially with a rolling pin. If you’re using a smaller cereal, you can skip this step. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, tahini, and maple syrup in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring well to combine.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, and then the cereal, muesli, flax meal, raisins, and figs.
- Press firmly into greased baking pan and chill until firm, about 45 minutes, then slice into bars.