Morning Glory Carrot Cake
There won’t be many carrots left for the Easter bunny after your guests get a hold of this tender carrot cake with cream cheese and flaked coconut frosting.
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Favorites Yellow Cake Mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons Gold Medal® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups finely shredded carrots (about 5 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- In large bowl, stir cake mix and flour. Reserve 1/3 cup cake mix mixture. To remaining mixture, add water, oil, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg; beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. In medium bowl, stir carrots, raisins, walnuts and reserved cake mix mixture until coated. Stir into batter; pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 43 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 2 hours.
- In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and vanilla on low speed until blended. Beat on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Spread frosting over cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Store covered in refrigerator.