Moroccan Chicken Bake
Serve this dish with whole-wheat couscous and mint tea for an authentic Moroccan meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup pitted green olives
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9" × 13" casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan. When hot, add the onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the ginger, garlic, coriander, and paprika. Cook the vegetables another minute, then add the bay leaves, raisins, salt, and chicken broth; bring the mixture to a boil.
- Place the chicken in the prepared casserole dish and carefully pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover the casserole tightly with foil and bake until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce slightly reduced, 30–35 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the lemon juice, olives, and parsley. Remove bay leaves. Serve hot.