Serve these chickpeas with whole-wheat couscous or brown rice.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 2-quart casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook the vegetables, stirring often, until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Add the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, salt, broth, and chickpeas. Bring to a simmer, then pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole tightly with foil and bake until the flavors have blended and the liquid is reduced slightly, 30–35 minutes. Stir in the parsley just before serving.