Moroccan-Inspired Carrot Soup
A soothing, very flavorful, and delicious spiced soup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
- 10 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and cook 4 minutes.
- Add carrots, turmeric, paprika, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon, and cook until carrots are tender, about 6–8 minutes.
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil; lower heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for 25–30 minutes.
- Place soup in a blender and purée. Return to saucepan and add coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.