Moroccan Quinoa and Carrot Salad
This carrot-based salad is hearty enough to serve on its own, or it can be paired with your favorite main course.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 6 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In medium saucepan, bring quinoa, water, salt, cumin, coriander and paprika to a simmer. Cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Stir in raisins; set aside.
- Use mandolin or vegetable peeler to slice carrots into ribbons. Place carrots in serving bowl; top with red onion, parsley and quinoa mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together tahini, orange juice, olive oil and honey. Drizzle over salad.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.