Moroccan Salmon Bowl
Coated in Moroccan spices, seared on the stove then baked to flaky perfection, this fresh and inviting salmon pairs perfectly with brown rice and quinoa.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 fillets (4-6 oz.) salmon
- 1 package (8.8 oz.) Simple Truth Organic™ 90 Second Garlic Flavored 100% Whole Grain Brown Rice & Quinoa, prepared according to package instructions
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Coat salmon fillets with mixture.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Sear salmon 2 minutes on flesh side; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 5 to 8 minutes, until desired doneness.
- Among four bowls, divide rice equally. Top each with a salmon fillet, lemon wedge and sprinkle of parsley.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.