Moules Marinières (Mussels in White Wine)
Save to My Recipes
This recipe for mussels cooked in white wine is now famous all over the world. But the great thing is, it is so easy to make!
Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutes
- 3 lbs. mussels, scrubbed and beards removed
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower oil
- 4 medium shallots, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 Tbsp. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups Sauvignon blanc
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped roughly
- Scrub and clean the mussels. Reserve.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat, and combine with the oil. Add the minced shallots, stir well, and cook for 2 minutes. Add garlic and stir well for another 4 minutes, then add the thyme, bay leaf, salt, and pepper.
- Pour in the white wine, and add the mussels. Cook over high heat, until the mussels are all opened. Discard the unopened ones. Stir well and then remove from the heat. Remove bay leaf. Add the fresh parsley leaves, stir again, and serve.
- Serve immediately.