Mozzarella Hearts with Marinara Sauce
Light, fluffy and oh-so lovely! Heart-shaped puff pastry stuffed with mozzarella is a deliciously fun appetizer for Valentine’s Day.
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg white
- 15 ounces Kroger Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the pastry sheets. Using a medium heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 20 hearts out of the pastry sheets.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cheese and ½ teaspoon of green onion on the center of 10 hearts. Brush egg white around the edges of the hearts, then top each cheese-filled heart with a plain heart. Use a fork to pinch the edges together.
- Place the hearts on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with warmed marinara sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.