Mozzarella, Tomato, and Prosciutto Sandwiches
This is a wonderful sandwich to make in the summer with fresh tomatoes and lettuce straight from your garden.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 6 multigrain sandwich rolls
- 1 package (6 oz.) sliced prosciutto
- 2 balls (8 oz.) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3 ripe large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small head Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- In a mortar or small bowl, mash garlic with salt, pepper, and sugar with the pestle or back of a wooden spoon. Whisk in balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Slice ciabatta rolls horizontally, leaving a hinge on one side. Lay the rolls on a work surface; drizzle the bottom of each with the vinaigrette, add slices of prosciutto, tomato, mozzarella, and lettuce. Close top of roll and serve.