These meatballs are made in the classic Italian-American style. Serve them as appetizers with picks or small forks and plenty of napkins.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 2 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 6 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- In a large bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk for 10 minutes.
- Add ground beef, eggs, cheese, garlic, parsley, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Roll the mixture into 2-inch balls and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat until barely smoking and brown the meatballs well.
- Transfer the meatballs to a saucepan along with the marinara sauce. Cook for 30 minutes over medium heat.