These chocolaty cookies are almost overwhelming. For even more chocolate flavor, substitute
Makes: 48 cookiesHands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
Makes: 48 cookies
- 6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 large eggs
- 1¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. strong espresso
- 1 lb. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and semisweet chocolate together with butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Stir every minute until smooth. Sift dry ingredients; set aside. Beat eggs, sugar, vanilla, and espresso until light and fluffy. Blend in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into 1½" balls. Place on baking sheets and flatten slightly; bake 8–10 minutes. The tops will be cracked.