Multi-Mushroom Soup with Curry
Soak the dried mushrooms for a few hours or overnight in room temperature water. Once soaked, they are ready to use just as you would fresh mushrooms.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped leeks (white part only)
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. curry powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cube chicken bouillon
- 2 cups fresh chopped Portobello mushrooms
- 1 oz. dried porcini and morel mushrooms, soaked overnight
- 1 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 Tbsp. chopped chives
- In a soup pot, heat the oil on medium. Sauté the leeks, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes; shake the flour and curry powder on them, and stir until everything is coated. Add the milk and the bouillon cube. Bring almost to a boil, reduce heat to low, and whisk the mixture. Add the fresh mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the soaked dried mushrooms and squeeze out any excess moisture. Chop them roughly and add them to the soup, cooking for 1 more minute. Stir in the sherry. Ladle into soup bowls and top with the chopped chives.