Multicolor Cabbage Salad
For the best flavor and texture, make the coleslaw and chill in the refrigerator two days before serving. White wine vinegar can be substituted for the white balsamic vinegar.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. dill seed
- 1 tsp. celery salt
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ white cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- For the dressing, whisk together in a large bowl, the vinegar, oil, sugar, sesame seeds, dill seeds, and salts. Add cabbage and onion and toss to coat with dressing.
- Weigh the cabbage and onions down with a small plate and place in the refrigerator. Chill for 2 days, draining off accumulated water and stirring twice a day.
- Serve chilled.