Multigrain Toast with Grilled Vegetables
Grilling vegetables brings out their sweet flavors. Use any seasonal vegetables.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ medium eggplant
- ½ medium zucchini
- ½ medium yellow squash
- ½ medium red bell pepper
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper
- ½ medium green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 multigrain bread slices
- 8 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Slice the eggplant, zucchini, and squash in 3" lengths, ¼" to ½" thick.
- Brush eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash, and bell peppers with the oil and grill until fork tender.(Vegetables can be prepared the night before; refrigerate and reheat or bring to room temperature before serving.)
- Grill the bread until lightly toasted, then remove from heat and top with vegetables. Top with a spoonful of mascarpone and a basil leaf.