Multigrain Veggie Pizza
A small amount of sharp Cheddar cheese gives extra flavor to this healthful veggie entrée.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. multigrain pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 cups no-salt-added pizza sauce
- 3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced plum tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped blanched broccoli
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 deep-dish pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into 2 circles (12 inches in diameter), slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Spread 3⁄4 cup sauce in the center of each pizza, leaving one inch around the edges bare. Combine mozzarella and Cheddar cheeses and divide evenly over each pizza.
- Layer tomatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper over the cheese.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.