Mummified Chicken Tenders
These mummified strips of bacon-wrapped chicken are royally tasty!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders (about 7 pieces)
- 7 slices bacon (not thick sliced)
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Original Barbecue Sauce
- Additional barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line bottom of broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- Wrap each chicken tender in bacon strip, overlapping slightly. Place seam side down on rack of broiler pan.
- Bake 10 minutes; brush with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce. Return to oven. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken reaches 165°F.
- Turn chicken. Broil 4” from heat 2-3 minutes until bacon begins to crisp. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Add a dab of cream cheese to the tenders to attach eyes made from olives. Make a face from lime to garnish on top of barbecue sauce. (For food safety reasons, use a clean utensil to brush additional barbecue sauce onto cooked chicken.)