Turn your meatballs into mummies for a fun Halloween meal!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package crescent dough
- Black olives, thinly sliced
- Mozzarella cheese, cut into small pieces (optional)
- Marinara sauce
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, cheese, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Shape into golf ball-sized balls.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add meatballs to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, turning to brown. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Open can of crescent dough, and spread it flat on a cutting board. If there are seams, press them together. Using a pizza cutter, cut strips about ¼” thick. Wrap strips of dough around the meatballs, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the crescent dough is golden brown and the meatballs are cooked.
- Using the marinara sauce as “glue,” stick the sliced olives on the meatballs for eyes. If desired, you can put the small pieces of cheese in the center of the olives for the whites of the eyes.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.