Murray’s Cacio e Pepe
Cacio e Pepe is the essence of Italy—it’s pasta, it’s parm and it’s delicious.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound penne rigate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups Murray’s Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- In large pot, bring liberally salted water to boil. Cook pasta 10-12 minutes, until tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- In large pan, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add reserved 1/4 cup liquid and pasta; cook on high until glaze begins to form, 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add black pepper and cheese; stir sauce to smooth, pasta-coating consistency. Season to taste.