Murray’s Irish Cheddar & Potato Gratin
This mouthwatering dish relies on a classic combo: potatoes and Irish cheddar.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups Murray’s Irish Cheddar, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Butter, for greasing
- Optional: ¼ lb. bacon, diced
- Optional: 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease square baking dish with butter.
- In baking dish, layer 1 pound of potatoes and ¼ cup cheese. Repeat until all potatoes and cheese are used.
- In medium saucepan, sauté onions and thyme in olive oil. Once onions caramelize, add heavy cream. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake 1 hour, until potatoes are tender and cheese is bubbly.
- Top with optional ingredients.