Murray’s Stovetop Fondue and Sage French 75
This gourmet-quality creamy, cheesy fondue blend pairs perfectly with an herbal-infused, sparkling gin cocktail. If you’re serving guests, simply multiply the cocktail ingredients to make additional servings.
Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 bags (6 oz. each) Murray’s® Fondue Blend
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Sliced baguette, for serving
- 1 Sliced apples, for serving
- 10 fresh sage leaves, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup ice
- 1 ounce gin
- 3⁄4 ounce lemon juice
- 3 ounces Simple Truth™ Prosecco, chilled
- 1 lemon twist
- In medium bowl, toss together fondue blend and cornstarch
- In small pot over medium-low heat, bring white wine to simmer. Reduce heat to low; whisk in ½ cup cheese at a time, waiting until mixture is melted and smooth before adding more. Stir in black pepper and nutmeg. Keep warm.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, combine 8 sage leaves water and sugar. Bring to boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let syrup cool at least 30 minutes. Discard sage leaves; pour syrup into airtight container. Store in refrigerator until ready to use (up to 2 weeks).
- In cocktail shaker, combine ice, gin, lemon juice, ¾ ounce sage simple syrup (made in step 3); shake vigorously 30 seconds. Strain into champagne flute. Top with Prosecco. Garnish with lemon twist and remaining 2 sage leaves.
- Serve Sage French 75 with Murray’s Fondue.