Mushroom and Cream Cheese Spudlettes
These petite, mushroom-stuffed potatoes will disappear quickly from your table!
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 16 small red new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Unfiltered Olive Oil
- 3 slices Simple Truth™ Bacon (Uncured Smoked), chopped
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Baby Portabella Mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Cream Cheese, room temperature
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange potatoes on baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until soft when pierced with fork. Let cool.
- In medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Transfer bacon to paper towel-line plate and discard all but 1 teaspoon of grease. Sauté mushrooms, onion and garlic in skillet until soft, about 8 minutes. Add bacon to mushroom mixture.
- Slice potatoes in half and scoop out small amount of pulp. In medium bowl, combine potato pulp, cream cheese and mushroom mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top potato halves with mixture and arrange on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with fresh chives and serve.