Mushroom and Green Lentil Soup
This simple soup is a healthy and delicious way warm up this winter.
- 1 cup green lentils
- 3 portobello mushrooms caps, chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 quarts organic vegetable broth
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Rinse the lentils under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Boil the lentils in 1 quart of broth and cook until they have absorbed the broth and become tender.
- Add olive oil to a pan and cook down the mushrooms and onion until tender.
- Add the cooked mushrooms and onion to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Transfer the mushroom mix to the pot of lentils.
- Add the other quart of vegetable broth, salt, pepper and garlic powder and bring to a boil.
- Stir and serve.