Mushroom and Herb Holiday Stuffing
This simple meal boasts a medley of palate-pleasing flavors thanks to herbes de Provence, which includes fennel, thyme, rosemary and lavender.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 55 minutesTotal: 1 hour 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) Private Selection™ Gourmet Blend Mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth, divided
- 6 cups sourdough bread, cut into 1” cubes
- 2 tablespoons Private Selection™ Herbes de Provence
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. Cook mushrooms 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion, salt and pepper; continue cooking 5 minutes. Pour in 1 cup vegetable broth and deglaze bottom of pan.
- Coat 9”x13” casserole dish with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add bread cubes, mushroom mixture, herbs, ¼ cup Parmesan and remaining 1 cup broth. Combine well, making sure everything is evenly coated. Sprinkle remaining ¼ cup parmesan over top. Bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool 15 minutes before serving. Refrigerate any leftovers.