Mushroom & Zucchini Tacos
Got a little extra time? Try roasting the vegetables in these easy vegetarian tacos for an even richer taste.
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and rough chopped
- 16 ounces can Old El Paso® Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 pound fresh zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package Old El Paso® Mild Taco Seasoning Mix
- 12 Old El Paso® Taco Shells
- Lettuce leaves
- Warm the sunflower oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions until they soften, about 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they start to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and the chopped peppers and sauté until they begin to release liquid, about 3 minutes. Add the seasoning mix and stir. Continue to cook until the mixture starts to simmer, about 3 to 4 more minutes. The zucchini may continue to release liquid while it cooks.
- Serve with the cooked refried beans on taco shells with lettuce and cilantro.