This hearty and rustic appetizer makes a great meal when served with a green salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 baguette
- 4 tsp. garlic aïoli
- 12 oz. mixed mushrooms, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat a stovetop grill. Slice the bread on a diagonal into 8 oblong slices (1 inch thick); spread the aïoli onto both sides of each slice. Grill the bread slices about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Warm a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion to the dry pan all at once, then add the olive oil. Cook without stirring for the first 4 to 5 minutes, allowing the mushrooms to get a brown crust. After 5 minutes, add parsley and stir well. Season with lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon onto the grilled bread.