This hearty and rustic appetizer makes a great meal when served with a green salad.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 baguette
- 4 tsp. garlic aïoli
- 12 oz. mixed mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat a stovetop grill. Slice the bread on a diagonal into 8 oblong slices (1" thick); spread the aïoli onto both sides of each slice. Grill the bread slices about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a serving plate.
- Warm a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Add the mushrooms and onion to the dry pan all at once, then add the olive oil. Cook without stirring for the first 4–5 minutes, allowing the mushrooms to get a brown crust. After 5 minutes, add parsley and stir well. Season with lemon, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon onto the grilled bread.