These delicious mushroom appetizers make a wonderful hors d’oeuvre but are also a delicious breakfast or snack.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 17 oz. frozen puff pastry sheets
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. cooking sherry
- Cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to Bake at 400°F.
- Remove pastry sheets from box and lay on counter to defrost. In a medium skillet, add the butter, mushrooms, onions, and salt and pepper and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add cooking sherry and use a wooden spoon to stir in all particles from the sides of the pan. Remove from heat.
- Spray mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Roll puff pastry out on a floured counter, and cut 3-inch circles, 6 from each sheet. Put each pastry circle in muffin pan, ruffling the edges. Fill with mushroom mixture.
- Beat eggs and half and half in a bowl. Pour enough egg into each mushroom cup to almost fill the cup.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.