Mushroom Egg Casserole
This crustless quiche is super easy to make. Use fresh, cageless, or brown eggs for best flavor and color.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. white or baby Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup minced fresh herbs
- 1 cup crumbled farmer’s cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a heavy saucepan, heat olive oil until sizzling. Add mushrooms, shallot, and garlic and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add fresh herbs and remove from heat.
- Spread mushrooms over the bottom of a non-stick oblong baking dish or a casserole coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle farmer cheese over mushrooms, followed by Cheddar cheese.
- In a blender, combine eggs, evaporated milk, and salt and pepper. Pulse until well blended. Pour over mushrooms and cheese. Bake at 325ºF for 25 minutes or until sides are puffy and center is set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.