Mushroom Lentil Burgers with Spicy Arugula
Say hello to your new meatless Monday favorite! Hearty vegetables and lentils are a delicious way to reinvent burger night.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1⁄2 cup brown lentils
- 2 cups liquid (stock or water)
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ounces Private Selection™ Gourmet Blend Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons minced, oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 large egg
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper, for seasoning
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons Private Selection™ Sriracha Aioli
- 6 Private Selection™ Grilled Piquillo Peppers
- Your choice of Private Selection™ Buns, lightly toasted
- In saucepan, combine lentils with liquid. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook covered, until lentils are tender, about 25–40 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until brown, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Transfer mushrooms to food processor. Pulse 3 times for 3 seconds each.
- Add drained lentils and remaining ingredients (excluding arugula, aioli, peppers and buns). Pulse 3 more times. Let sit for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To shape patties, pack mixture into ⅓ cup measure and invert onto prepared pan. Shape 6 patties and flatten slightly on sheet. Bake 15 minutes, then flip and bake 5 minutes more.
- To serve, toss arugula with Sriracha mayonnaise. Place patties on bottom buns, top with piquillo peppers and dressed arugula and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. Baked burgers can be made ahead, tightly wrapped and frozen for up to 3 months.