Mushroom Matzo Lasagna
No need to boil unwieldy lasagna noodles when you swap them for sheets of matzo crackers. This cheesy, mushroom-loaded lasagna is just as suitable for a weeknight dinner as it is a holiday crowd-pleaser
Serves: 6Prep: 30 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound button, cremini and/or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 container (15 oz.) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large Kroger Brand Grade A Eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 box (10-11 oz.) matzo crackers
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 8”x8” baking dish; set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; cook 5-8 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and excess liquid has evaporated.
- Stir together ricotta cheese, egg and garlic powder.
- Place ¼ cup sauce in bottom of prepared pan. Top with layer of matzo crackers, ½ the ricotta mixture, ½ the mushrooms and ¾ cup sauce. Repeat layering one more time. Finish with remaining crackers, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place baking dish on rimmed baking sheet to catch any drips. Cover with greased foil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove foil; continue baking 15-18 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown around the edges.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.