Mushroom and Onion Soup
This soup serves as an excellent opening course for a rich beef or pork dish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6½ cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1½ cups thinly sliced leeks
- ½ cup chopped shallots or green onions
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients, except the pepper, in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6–8 hours.
- Season with pepper.