Mushroom and Parmesan Frittata
This is a great breakfast for the mushroom lover.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 package (10 oz.) white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat broiler.
- Heat the butter on medium-high in a large skillet until it stops bubbling. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 6 minutes or until the water releases from the mushrooms and evaporates.
- Add the oil to the pan, then pour in the eggs and half of the Parmesan cheese. Cook the frittata by constantly stirring the eggs over medium-high heat until the eggs have set but are still quite moist.
- Top the frittata with the remaining cheese and place under the broiler for about 3 minutes or until the top is very brown and the eggs are dry. Slide onto a platter and serve.