Mushroom Parmesan Puffs
An impressively elegant appetizer, these puff pastry bites are filled with a blend of mushrooms, pecans and cheese.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Simple Truth Organic™ Sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth™ Pecan Pieces, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Jalapeño Hot Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 package (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Parchment paper
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in mushrooms, onions, Parmesan cheese, pecans and hot sauce.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and a tablespoon of water.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll one pastry sheet into 16" x 10" rectangle; cut in half lengthwise. Spread ½ cup of filling down center of each rectangle. Brush edges with egg mixture. Fold each pastry in half lengthwise over filling, and pinch edges to seal. Cut into 10 pieces each and arrange on parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet and filling mixture.
- Brush remaining egg mixture over tops of pastry pieces; sprinkle with pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Serve immediately.