Mushroom and Rice Quesadilla
Canned chicken also works very well in this recipe. For extra flavor, toss the chicken with salsa before placing it in the tortilla.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup cooked rice
- ⅛ tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 flour tortilla (10")
- ½ cup grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 large fresh button mushroom, sliced
- ½ medium scallion, diced
- 2 olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. salsa
- Toss the rice with the chili powder.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the tortilla. Cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle ¼ cup of the grated cheese on half of the tortilla. Heat until the cheese melts, then add the rice on top. Lay the mushroom slices on top of the rice and add the scallion and olives. Fold the tortilla in half.
- Cook the tortilla until it is browned on the bottom. Turn over and cook the other side. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup of grated cheese over the folded tortilla during the last minute of cooking. Top with salsa.