Mushroom Risotto Casserole
You can add so many other ingredients to this risotto dish—cut-up cooked chicken or turkey, chopped pears or apples, and your favorite herbs.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. dried sage, crumbled
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 2½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup white vermouth
- 8 oz. mixed fresh mushrooms
- ⅓ cup grated Fontina cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil in an ovenproof pan with a lid. Sauté onion and garlic over a low heat until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, sage, and rice; stir to coat. Add broth and vermouth. Cover the pan and place in the oven. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté about 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir in the sautéed mushrooms. Cover the pan and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the fontina cheese.