The soup stock should be cold when added to this recipe.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable stock, chilled
- 4 Tbsp. half-and-half
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and sauté until brown and the liquids have released, about 10 minutes. Remove to a bowl. Add the butter and flour to the pan and stir; allow to cook to a deep golden brown.
- Add stock, stirring constantly. When sauce is smooth, bring to a boil. Cook for 3 minutes. Add half-and-half, salt, and pepper, mixing as you add. Add mushrooms. Heat 1 minute.