Delicious on steaks, burgers, chicken, or pasta. If you prefer it creamier, add heavy cream.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ medium onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups mixed mushrooms (shiitakes, enoki, criminis, oysters, portobellos)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Sauté onions until soft, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until caramelized.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken broth and wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat again to low and simmer 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.