The mushrooms in this vegetarian spread provide a meaty flavor. Mushrooms are known for their umami, or savory, taste.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups sliced white mushrooms
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat and cook shallot until soft, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté 10 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated..
- Blend mushrooms and shallot with cream cheese and sherry in a food processor until smooth. Add parsley, salt, and pepper to food processor and blend well.