Mushroom, Swiss, and Jalapeño Quesadillas
Two tortillas lightly grilled, with a spicy, cheesy, savory filling. What could be better? Perfect as appetizers or a light meal, these quesadillas leave processed fast food in the dust, where it should be. If spicy food’s not your thing, simply omit the jalapeño.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 oz.) Garden City All Natural Lavash Roll-Ups
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- ¼ cup nonfat sour cream
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, and garlic and cook, stirring, until brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Place a single lavash on surface, flipping once or twice to warm, then sprinkle ½ cup cheese and half of the jalapeño slices evenly over top.
- Wait a few minutes for cheese to melt, then spread with half of the mushroom mixture. Sandwich with a second lavash, then carefully flip the entire quesadilla over to toast on the second side.
- Once second side has crisped a bit, remove from griddle and place on a clean, flat surface. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, slice quesadilla into quarters, then cut each quarter in half, leaving 8 pieces.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients.
- Serve hot, garnished with nonfat sour cream.