Mushrooms in Sherry Garlic Sauce
Serve these morsels with toothpicks alongside for easy noshing, and a basket of bread for sopping up the juices when the mushrooms are gone. Mushrooms are a favorite of the Basques and Catalans.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. button mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp towel to remove any dirt or debris. Set aside.
- Sauté the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes, then add the mushrooms and sauté for another minute or two over medium-high.
- Add the white wine and sherry, reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the liquid reduces by half (5 to 10 minutes).
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the mushrooms in a serving dish and sprinkle them with the parsley.