Mushrooms à la Grecque
This Greek-inspired French dish has an entrancing, elusive flavor. The mushrooms can be prepared a day in advance and left in the marinade. It’s good at any time of year.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 8 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 Tbsp. cracked coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. tiny button mushrooms, halved
- 1 bag (10 oz.) baby field greens
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic, onion, spices, and salt. Add the mushrooms. Heat until almost boiling.
- Transfer mixture to a nonreactive bowl and chill, covered, for at least 2 hours.
- Arrange the greens on chilled plates. Top with mushroom mixture.