Mushrooms with Cracker Stuffing
Stuffed mushrooms are a classic appetizer, but they also make a perfect snack! This version is full of flavor and color.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Saltine crackers
- 2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp. fennel seeds
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towels and remove stems. Mince stems and combine in small saucepan with olive oil, onion, green bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add cracker crumbs, cheese, parsley, oregano, fennel seeds, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, rounding the tops. Place in large baking dish and pour chicken broth around mushrooms.
- Bake, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and filling is hot, about 18 to 22 minutes. Serve immediately.