Mustard-Beer Marinated Steak
Dark beer brings a bold taste to grilled steak. Make homemade steak sauce from the reserved marinade!
Serves: 4Prep: 4 hours 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 pounds top sirloin, about 1½” thick
- 1 cup dark beer
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Place steak in gallon-sized resealable bag; place in shallow dish.
- In medium bowl, whisk beer, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic. Pour over steak. Seal bag; refrigerate 4-24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Drain steak from marinade; place on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 12-14 minutes, turning once for medium-rare (145°F) or 15-18 minutes for medium (160°F). Transfer to platter; tent with foil. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat marinade in 8”skillet over high heat 4-5 minutes or until reduced to ½ cup. Whisk in tomato sauce.
- Slice steak across grain into thin slices. Serve sauce with steak.
- Refrigerate leftovers.