Mustard Cheese Fan Potatoes
These potatoes taste like something you’d find at a steak house, yet they are very easy to prepare.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup grated Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Scrub the potatoes and dry. Place potatoes, one at a time, between two handles of wooden spoons, so the long side of the potato is against the spoons. Cut down to the spoon handles, at 1⁄4 inch intervals, making sure to not cut through to the bottom of the potato. The potato will hold together but the slices will fan out.
- In small saucepan, melt butter and olive oil; cook garlic until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Remove from heat and add thyme, pepper, mustard, and cheese; mix well.
- Drizzle this mixture over the potatoes, making sure that some goes between the slices. Place potatoes, cut side up, on a baking dish. Bake for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and tops are golden brown.