Napa Cabbage with Asian Sauce and Shrimp
This recipe takes little time to prepare and is packed with both flavor and energy-boosting ingredients.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. peanut oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 6 medium scallions, sliced
- 1" gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced, divided
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- ¼ medium napa cabbage, cut crosswise in thin slices, separated into ribbons
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 oz. dry sherry
- ½ lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat ¼ cup peanut oil and sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté scallions, gingerroot, and garlic for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add soy sauce and cabbage. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In another large skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon peanut oil, garlic, and sesame seeds and sauté, stirring for 5 minutes. Pour in the wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the sherry and shrimp. Stir and cook 8 minutes until the shrimp turn pink. Serve with cabbage mixture.